Why do I need emergency insurance?
Many general health insurance policies do not provide adequate coverage in the case of an accident or critical illness. If you had a medical emergency you may have to pay thousands of dollar in deductibles, coinsurance, and copays. Accident and Critical Illness Insurance provides benefits specifically for medical emergencies. Should you or someone covered under your plan suffer an accident or receive a critical illness diagnosis, you will receive a payment to help alleviate associated costs.
Accident or Critical Illness Insurance is useful for those who:
- Have a family history of illness or medical conditions
- Have little savings to pay for expenses resulting from a medical emergency
- Have a high deductible or max out-of-pocket on their health plan (e.g. HDHP plan, catastrophic plan, bronze/silver plans)
- Live in rural areas with limited access to local or in-network care
- Are independent contractors, freelancers, or small-business owners
What type of insurance products does Emerge sell?
Emerge sells supplemental Accident Insurance and Critical Illness Insurance policies. Accident Insurance and Critical Illness Insurance policies can help cover gaps in your general health insurance policy. Gaps in your health insurance could cost you thousands, and include: deductibles, coinsurance, copays, special treatments or prescriptions, lost wages, non-medical expenses (such as childcare and transportation to medical facilities)
Emerge provides a start-to-finish service that:
- Helps you assess your risk and matches you to the policy that is most beneficial for you
- Supports you through the coverage application process with any of our partnered companies
- Provides an easy process for you to pay your premium
How can I contact Emerge?
Emerge has service representatives available from 9am-5pm Monday through Friday. Reach us through email at info@Emerge.me, or by phone at 1-888-487-2006, or with live chat!
What states is Emerge licensed in?
Emerge is licensed to sell Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, Disability, and Life insurance products in all 50 U.S. states. Availability of certain products may vary by state.
Can I cancel my policy after buying it?
Each of the policies we sell at emerge have a feature known as the free look period. If you want to cancel your policy, you can mail the policy back to the insurer within the free look period and receive a full refund.